Sunday, January 2, 2011

Pineapple Pecan Pie

It is very rare for me not experiment in the kitchen, but This recipe had me second guessing weather I should try it or not, but boy am I glad I did! It's unique combination of flavors blend well and make a delightful and refreshing pie.

The only changes to the original recipe I made were to bake it on the center rack of my oven to prevent it from burning and keep the nuts whole for presentation.

Ingredients

1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained very well
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Blend together the cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and vanilla. Gently stir in pineapple, pour into pie crust.
  3. Sprinkle pecans over cream cheese mixture.
  4. Blend together the 3 eggs, corn syrup, 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla. Pour over pecan layer.
  5. Place on lower rack of oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until center is firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment