Friday, October 22, 2010

Black Magic Cake

Today I am making a black magic cake. Normally I would make it in a bundt pan, but I opted for a loaf pan so I can send half of the cake home with my dear cousin for her family. I love that we have bonded so much these past months and I also have a new home to ship my baking off to to prevent me from eating it all!

Ingredients

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

2 cups white sugar

3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

2 eggs

1 cup strong brewed coffee

1 cup buttermilk

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour your pans of choice 9x13, 2 9" rounds, or a bundt.

 In large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center. Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Batter will be thin. Pour into prepared pans.

 Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pans and finish cooling on a wire rack.

 Amun Re not wanting to be outshone by Jak Jak decided to try the tux out for himself in the hopes for a taste of cake.  Sorry my little familiar no chocolate cake for breakfast for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment