Friday, November 12, 2010

The little birdy told me...

to make him a book and I am quite pleased with how it turned out.
I thought the binding was a bit tight but it is working beautifully now that it is all dry. My only regret is I don't know how to sew an end tab to protect the spine, all in good time though.
Next we have a Japanese stab bound book. I love the floral print with the masculine stripes.
 Close up of the stitching
Inside cover
This next one is two kinds of binding combined. I used an accordion folded spine with the stab binding method. Probably not the first person to do this, but I thought it was unique and appealing.
Close up of the basket weave paper and stitching
 
This have been a very enjoyable learning experience and a huge Thank You to my friend Amy for her skillful lessons.

I'm very excited because I think I might have gotten hubby interested in making a book with me so we shall see if it happens.





No comments:

Post a Comment