Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Box Making

My dear friend Amy came over last week and we played in paper and glue again, but this time we made clam shell boxes.
The Hand marbled paper in the center was from her collection and has inspired me to want to try my hand at making some.
I have made several since our class and keep improving my skill with each box. This next box was made from  a wallpaper sample book we picked up for free at the local paint store. They just throw out the old books so it makes me happy I can give them a new life.

The last is my favorite one so far because I love this paper so much. You might recognize it from one of the books I made.

The interior papers are from a wonderful free to download paper toys site I stumbled across and loved.
http://www.thetoymaker.com/2Toys.html

I have made several more smaller boxes, but will be using them in an upcoming craft swap and wouldn't want to spoil the fun if they happen to come to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment